Sia is by no doubt one of a few living legends in music, believe it or not. The creative mastermind who brought us hit songs like Chandelier and Titanium is a master songwriter and awesome singer who wrote or co-wrote all her songs from her albums and collaborations and also apparently many hit songs by other artistes that we’ve come to know and love, probably more than you can ever imagine. Here are 7 songs that were written by her for others, that you probably didn’t know was written or co-written by her.
1. Diamonds – Rihanna : Sia was the mastermind behind 2012 crowd’s favorite Diamonds. The most awesome thing about it is that not only did she write this hit but TIMES reported that she wrote this song is just 14 Minutes, 14 freaking minutes guys!! It takes some of you ladies out there longer than that to apply make up let alone try to write a chart topping single. But she’s the man so….
2. Cannonball – Lea Michele : Sia co-wrote Cannonball with producer Billy Blanco alongside Stargate who produced the song. The song was written for Lea to help her cope with boyfriend and Glee co-star Cory Montieth’s death. About the song Lea has said that “The minute I heard the song I had a physical reaction to it. For me it’s been my strength, I listen to it everyday. I know it was brought into my life for a reason, it’s really been some helping for me and I hope it’s the same for other people as it’s been for me.” Well people love the song. I mean listen to the lyrics, it’s my jam.
3. Let Me Love You(Until You Learn To Love Yourself) – Ne-Yo : Sia wrote the chorus to the song by Ne-Yo. Ne-Yo decided to record the song after gravitating to the lyrical meaning of the song. After all what better part of a song gets stuck in your head other than the chorus.
4. Perfume – Britney Spears : Sia co-wrote the songs with Britney Spears and Christopher Braid for Britney Spears’ eighth studio album titled Britney Gene. The song was produced by Will.I.Am and co- produced by Braid and Keith Harris. If you don’t know them go google them, but the point is, Sia is a Boss.
5. Radioactive -Rita Ora : Sia teamed with producer Greg Kirsten for Rita Ora. Both had worked together before and knew what they could accomplish. hen they team up, magic happens.
6. We Are One(Ole Ola) – Pitbull, J. Lo. and Claudia Leitte : Sia was one of many who teamed up to bring us the 2014 world cup anthem. Although the song received a little backlash for lack of Brazilian feeling due to the fact that the World Cup was held in Brazil. Still, the song reached the top 20 in Germany, Italy, Spain and Austria. S they must’ve done something right.
7. Pretty Hurts – Beyonce : Sia initially wrote Pretty Hurts for Katy Perry and then later presented it to Rihanna, but Beyonce was one who decided to take on the important message song and included it in her legendary surprise release album BEYONCE. Bey later said ” The second I heard it, it was like, I had to sing this song. I don’t care how hard I have to fight for this song. This is my song.” The writing credit was then split betwetn Sia, Beyonce and Emo, and was produced by Emo and Bey as well.
So there you have it, seven masterpieces written or co-written by Sia which you probably didn’t know about but now you do. I sure now you appreciate her more because or her creativity and multi-talent. There should be at least one that will have you tapping your feet.
We do not own any right to these videos. They are all owned by the artistes of the songs and their record companies. Video credit: VEVO and YouTube.